Emma Talley is literally a breath of fresh air. The 2013 U.S Woman’s amateur champion has been on an uptick leading into this week’s Evian Championship and for the crew here at Callaway HQ, it’s been such an exciting thing to watch. I have a soft spot for Emma because she is simply just a blast to be around.
I’m dying for this woman to win one just so I can watch the post-round press conference. She has no filter and I don’t mean that in a mischievous way, she’s bright, positive, loves this game, and still looks at the whole thing as one big adventure. I would take 1,000,000,000 Emma Talleys.
I had a chance to ask her a few random questions this week via text and this is what I got:
- Favorite Food? Caesar Salad NO ANCHOVIES!!
- Favorite Club in the bag? 7-iron, it’s my little friend.
- On course playlist? Podcasts and a sermon or two:)
- Shot you love? Lil baby fade
- Shot you hate? Nada
- Favorite TV Show? All of the TV….all of it.
- On Course snack? Trail Mix and Apples
- Last movie you watched? “Together/Together #LOVED IT
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Didn’t watch it when I was a kid….
- Gaga or T. Swifty? I’m obsessed with T. Swifty…OBSESSED
- Cool ball markers? One of my good friends who was a golfer at UK passed away from cancer last year, so I use a ball marker I got from a company actually created by some Lpga golfers that I love!❤️
- Tees? With a cross!! I’ve been marking my tees since I was a little kid. In college my teammates would make fun of me/laugh together…when they would start hitting it off the grid they would ask me for a Jesus tee 😂😂
“I never put in new irons until they beat out the others. I loved the way the apex pro looked and felt , so I made the switch! My irons have always been my best!”
Ball: Chrome Soft (Red Box)
“I used the red box ball and have since college. I will never change out of this ball!”